The traditional territory of ?Esdilagh First Nation (EFN), situated along both sides of the Fraser River, is located between Williams Lake and Quesnel. The name, "?Esdilagh" means, "where the land meets the water." The community of ?Esdilagh is also known as the Alexandria Band. EFN has a total registered population of 204. EFN is one of the six Bands that make up the Tsilhqot'in National Government (TNG).
?Esdilagh is a strong, unified Tsilhqot'in First Nation.
To serve the membership of ?Esdilagh First Nation members through the delivery of programs and services while working towards building prosperity and independence.
- We acknowledge, recognize and utilize the strengths of the people, which leads to empowerment.
- We promote active listening and open communication.
- We allow community members an equal voice without judgment, with respect for individuality, diversity and uniqueness.
- The holistic well-being of the community is based upon the teachings of the Tsilhqot'in traditions.
- Activities in the community will be conducted with respect for the ?Esdilagh First Nation (EFN) membership.
- The community will continually grow and evolve through respect trust, honesty, love and compassion.
- Respect and consideration will be given at all times toward the elderly, disabled and those with special needs.
- The community will have the courage to make positive change and be accountable to follow through on its goals.
- Pride within the community is restored through recognition, praise and acknowledgement of successes achieved individually and as a whole.
- By honoring our Guiding Principles, we will achieve pride and unity.